Aisha Khan Found Unharmed; Missing Kansas Student Was Not Abducted, Police Says

Like us on Facebook Aisha Khan's husband, Waseem, told "Good Morning America" on Wednesday that he believed she had been kidnapped. About 100 volunteers were issuing fliers on Wednesday showing Aisha Khan reportedly in a black-and-white checkered coat she was seen wearing before her disappearance.  Aisha Khan had left messages on family members' cell phones on Friday morning stating that she was bothered by a drunk man on the campus where she was last seen and that he tried to kiss her and so she slapped him. Family members and friends said the normally soft-spoken woman's voice sounded fearful.  "Oh my gosh he was so scary. My heart is, like, pounding. I've never got this scared in my life," Khan can be heard saying in the message, according to "Pick up your phones, I am freaked out right now." No one answered questions as to why Aisha Khan left the frantic voicemails and then disappear. "Our family is very ecstatic about this," Trambu told KCTV. "Our prayers have been answered. We are glad she is safe and that she is well." Aisha Khan is a newlywed who was married about five months ago.  A statement on the Facebook page created by Aisha Khan's family noted:  "On behalf of the Khan family, we are ecstatic to announce that Aisha has been found. She is safe and is unharmed. The family is truly grateful to each and every one of your support and encouragement during this difficult journey. Thank you for your prayers, locally, nationally and from across the world. Thank you to all local and national media outlets for keeping her story alive. And most of all, thank you to the Overland Park Police Department who have put in hundreds of hours into finding her safely and to the hundreds of volunteers who dedicated their time around the clock toward the search efforts. Our prayers have been answered. Thank you all." To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail: To contact the editor, e-mail: